Do-It-Yourself March Cycling Blog Post

So, are you a cyclist? Do you have a blog? If you answered "yes" to both of these questions, I hope you've already written your March Training Blog Post.

You know what I'm talking about. To make it easier for those of you who haven't yet written the required cycling-blogger March Training Post, here is a handy template. Just cut and paste the text and then choose whichever option from the brackets [option1|option2], or add in the details [something vague] for whatever fits your training more accurately, and BAM, blog post DONE!

Early Spring Training Post Template

Just a [quick|surprisingly detailed] update about how training is going this year, in case any of the [joke about small number of readers] care. This week I've done [15 hours|30 hours] in the saddle, [getting up at 4 am|returning after 8pm] each time. It's been pretty chilly out there-- 5 below [celsius|fahrenheit] when I [started|finished] yesterday, but I'm toughing it out because [I'm better than you|I'm better than most people|I want to burn out by June]. This past weekend I rode [50|100|200] [yards|km|miles] with [link to someone] and it was [a beautiful day|an epic death ride] -- so much better than the [big number|lie] hours I spent on [rollers|the trainer] back in February!

[Artsy picture taken while riding|Picture of you in front of a snowbank]

I was [comparing|falsifying] my training log against last year's and it looks like I'm [up 20 hours|putting out 5% more watts] over last year at the same date. Things are going pretty well, but I need them to go even better to attain my lofty goal of [upgrading to a higher category|sandbagging the crap out of my current category]. Plus, my weight is down to [low number] from its peak of [shockingly high number].

I've been logging all the miles on my winter bike, [nicer bike than your summer bike], but I can't wait for the roads to clear up so I can take the [stupid pet name for a bike] out and try my new [bike part(s)] out. I picked up these [bike part(s)] from [my LBS|ebay] for $[low number], because [my team deal is awesome|it's frickin ebay]. I promise a [full|useless|gratuitous] review on [bike part(s)] soon!

Well, I'd love to keep writing about [how awesome I am|boring shit], but I need to [get back to work|get back on my bike|unfreeze my junk] so that I can make my March training goal of [more hours than I'll ride in August]. See you [out there|behind me]!

Note: If you think this post is directed at you specifically, it probably is. Good thing you can laugh at yourself, right?

Comments

Anonymous said…
that's funny. I'm safe.
kevin said…
add a few sentences for bitching about drivers and your spot on.

I can't wait for the april posts:

"I did so bad at my first race, i hope i can turn it around in time for [event 5 months from now]"
Colin R said…
haha, or maybe...

[description of excessive training hours, poor rest, being sick, being busy, etc]

I did so bad in my first race, I have no idea why!
Anonymous said…
That post was [hilarious, not that great] because I [did, did not] understand most of it since I'm a [5'11" 140 lb racing maching, 5'4" 150 lb tv watching maching].
Ryan said…
The number of New England cyclists with blogs is staggering.

At least I try to write about drinking, the shitty state of my bike and trips to warmer climates.
i thought for sure you were going another direction:

"weather sucks, I hate the trainers, trails have been screwed up for weeks, I'm just gonna quit racing, quit riding because I can't take another day on the trainer" kinda rap...
very good.
respect
faticus
megA said…
colin

i love you

xo

m
Anonymous said…
This is most excellent
-another skiier/biker
Groover said…
Sure I have. No big deal. It's warm and winter is still a couple of months away. Hehe.

Dreaming about going skiing though ...
Colin R said…
Things that confuse me, #44: People from different hemispheres.

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Anderson Cheats at Mountain Bike Racing

US Cyclocross Nationals Travesty Report: Junior Girls