Give Me Your Money So We Can Give You Back Your Money

[This isn't really a blog post so much as me entertaining myself with an honest marketing pitch for a product I believe is ridiculously and unsustainably underpriced]




So it's been 8 months since Outside bought BikeReg and the rest of the world and I've basically spent my entire time since then working on

I N T E G R A T I O N S
which has been a long and sometimes annoying journey because gluing together formerly disparate systems is never as simple as it seems like it should be.
However, last week we were finally able to launch the Outside+ member benefits on BikeReg, and this week there's a sale on Outside+ membership, so I'm gonna give you a sales pitch I actually believe in (not because they put me up to it) because it's honestly stupid how good the deal is right now.
You pay:
$50
You get:
$30 off your next entry on BikeReg
$30 in free service fees in the next year on BikeReg
Trailforks premium ($35/year value)
Gaia Premium ($40/year I think? i dunno)
Two books from VeloPress I think?
Access to every paywall across every media brand they bought which is A LOT so just an absurd amount of videos and articles and stuff
Some kind of discount on Roll Massif Fondo events
An Outside Magazine subscription (lol physical media)
So it doesn't take a mathemagician to notice that even the first two items on the list are worth more than $50, and if you use Trailforks now we're already up to a $100 value... so basically if you're any kind of bike racer they're willing to take a loss as the "member acquisition cost" (why yes... sometimes I end up on calls with marketing)
I don't really understand how we can stay in business giving this much away for this little money, but hey, some people who get paid a lot more than me to gamble with VC money (I think? I should pay more attention in meetings) decided we can, so you should give them your money and then immediately get that most of that money given back to you when you sign up your next bike race.
Click this link so they know you came from BikeReg and will let me keep hiring developers to do all the stuff we wanna do:

Comments

Unknown said…
In an effort to sign up for Outside+, it wants you to Create an Account. Which I tried doing. But cannot because my email address is already attached to my BikeReg account. So I log in instead. The home page has a header of “Sign up for Outside+ this week and save 50%!” Click on said header. It takes me to the Create an Account page. Now I’m stuck in this loop….. how can I sign up for Outside+ and use my same email??
Anonymous said…
Is it possible that you haven't logged into Bikereg recently, and your Bikereg account has not been converted into an Outside account? You might try logging in to Bike reg, with your Bike reg account, as a first step as it will prompt you to convert to an Outside account.
Unknown said…
Did I miss my chance for this promotion?
Sexily Leona said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Anderson Cheats at Mountain Bike Racing

US Cyclocross Nationals Travesty Report: Junior Girls

Do-It-Yourself March Cycling Blog Post