It's raining and it's tax day. Should I do my taxes or should I program stuff for fun? Hmmmm...
Ok, ok, so I did the sandbagger search page on crossresults.com. I was hoping it would be enlightening, and the results were... somewhat interesting.
1) Some people are showing up on the list because they crush everyone at the highest level (Tim Johnson, Lyne Bessette)
2) There's a bunch of guys who are consistently at the top of B men in New England who don't want to move up (Pete Smith, Damien Colfer, Nathaniel Ward, Hunter Pronovost, Gary Douville,
Andrew Boone) to ride As.
3) There are some A masters that are so fast they would be fine in A men (Johnny Bold, Mike Yozell).
4) There's "Feltslave" whose blog I read and will be moving up a category next year.
5) There are some other random folks, like Cub Juniors and fast chicks.
What does it all mean?!
I don't know. I for one don't really care about "sandbagging," I just like pushing around numbers. No matter what you say about people you think are sandbagging, the bottom line is that you're complaining about someone riding fast. Which is kind of weak.
Part of me thinks those guys tearing up Verge B's every week should man up and get crushed by Tim Johnson next year instead of picking on poor fools like me. But on the other hand, it's good motivation. I don't want to get better because the fast guys don't race me anymore. I want to get better because I'm faster.
The Bearscat 50 was awesome. Will I ever have time to write about it? Probably not! But Christin won so that's all you really need...
The other day , with 1.5 laps left in a cat 3 crit, the guy in front of me reached down into his bottle cage, grabbed his bottle, and threw ...
Midnight Ride is one of my favorite cross races, but I never blog about it because it comes right before Night Weasels, and for some myste...
The Eastern Grind was awesome. After the first two Kenda Cups were blazing-fast, drafting pedal contests (note: not a complaint), it raine...
Hey! Let's go ride some bikes. This spring I got elected to be on the NEBRA Board. NEBRA is a bunch of people who donate their time ...