Body Rebellion

Today I "raced" at Putney. It went very... slowly.

I started a little fast.

Then my back started to hurt a lot. Then I got a cramp in my stomach.

Then my hamstrings started to hurt because my back was pulling on them. Then I got chills from dehydration.

Then I got off my bike to try to stretch.

This is what I look like when I realize someone is taking a picture of me having a horrible race:



Linnea endoed, hyperextended her knee, and then rode 4 laps. She has far more legitimate reasons for not riding fast than I did.


Alex had a much better race than either of us. Here she is, expressing her joy.



Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Comments

gewilli said…
"Then I got chills from dehydration."

You dehydrate even riding with a big suck bag?

Wow...

dat is impressive
Colin R said…
well, the chain of events was kind of like...

1) get stomach cramp
2) stop drinking because of cramp
3) get dehydrated
josh said…
that headshot of alex is begging for a funny caption, photoshopped in
BikeSnobNYC said…
I was recently undone in a MTB race myself. It was man vs. nature, and nature won...

Popular posts from this blog

Greenfield Criterium HYPE POST

Midnight Ride of Cyclocross Race Report

Gran Prix of Gloucester Race Reports