Hodges Village Dam Race Report

A week late, just like I promised!

Actually there is no race report at all. It was pouring rain, I had no legs, and was on pace for three hours of racing. I recognized that flogging myself and my bike for 3 hours to get last place was not conducive to what I really care about (smashing Great Glen the following weekend), so I dropped out with zero remorse.

Jay Mueller properly epic-ified my experience with this picture, which is really the reason I decided to post anything at all.
"Heyyyyy, that sucked"

Comments

Cathy said…
You were the smart one. I raced for over 3 hours, seized my back, wore though the brake pads on my bike so the wheel wouldn't turn freely, and took forever to recover. Fun? I don't think so!

Good job at 24HOGG!
Bramhall said…
So I was REALLY, REALLY hoping there was going to be barcam of this race so I could watch it and see what I could have done better considering this was the first time I ever really tried to ride a mountain bike fast against people.
Then I heard you pulled the plug and was hoping there'd be a good story.
Now I'm just bummed.

On the upside, my capcha word for posting this comment is "hanes." Pants, apparently, are inescapable.

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Anderson Cheats at Mountain Bike Racing

US Cyclocross Nationals Travesty Report: Junior Girls

Do-It-Yourself March Cycling Blog Post