A Dilemma

Much like a dog that actually caught the car he was chasing, I have a problem.

I have 25 upgrade points, plus a 1st and two 2nds from races with less than 30 entrants. In other words, I have a case that I could be upgraded to cat 2.

This was theoretically my goal for the season, so I gotta do it, right? Right? Leave all my 3/4 buddies behind and go live the life of pack fodder in the A race?

Here's the thing. Everyone says Putney was great, the course was great, and most importantly the atmosphere was great. So Putney-lovers, how was the atmosphere during the 1/2/3 race?

Oh wait, you don't know, because you all left.

It's not just lonely at the back because the McCormacks of the world dropped you. it's lonely because the spectators have all gone home.

I'm not sure I'm ready to make that jump -- although I'd just about frame a license with the number 2 on it.

Any of you cat 3's out there up for trying the 1/2/3 race at Lowell this weekend? The USGP in Trenton will draw all the fast folks...
Tags:

18 comments