Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another Data Point

As promised, I hit the Dover TT last night, to see if I could reverse the disturbing trend of getting slower.

The good news -- not slower. 19:33, 23.6 mph.
The bad news -- everyone went faster. Thom set a PR, George took 51 seconds off his time, and a late-arriving solo smoked me by 40 seconds. The "non-aero" record fell (albeit to a guy with aero wheels) and the 4th-fastest time ever ridden was recorded. So we can safely conclude that conditions were favorable.

What else is there to say?

3 comments:

solobreak 7/03/2008 12:25 PM  

It was fast conditions. Hotter is always faster.

Do you have normal chainrings on that thing, or are you running junior gears? A few spots on that course are pretty fast.

Colin R 7/03/2008 12:28 PM  

53x12... I'm not getting spun out. I think my max speed was around 40.

solobreak 7/03/2008 12:36 PM  

Yeah, that is plenty. I used the 52x12 for a short bit before the hairpin, but on Farm road just the 52x13 and 14. With aerobars maybe a 12.

Your bike probably slows you down a tiny bit over a road bike. With longer chainstays, the rear wheel is less faired on the cx frame. Your bars may be a little higher too, but it's more about getting a flat back, and that depends more on the person then the bar position.

It's a good course, pacing is a challenge with the placement of the hills. It should be good training for you. I think you're ready to start your road career.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP