Double PSA

A quick midweek post while I'm attending a conference!

PSA #1: There's a Wednesday night training race at Harvard these days. I don't really get into the whole training race thing, because MORE INTENSITY isn't exactly what I'm after when I'm doubling up every weekend. But a lot of people love that stuff, and someone sent me a cool graphic, so check it out:


PSA #2: Northampton Verge is pre-reg only. This is a calculated move on their part, I guess, because knowing the entire contents of your race fields before the day of the race is a good think. On the other hand, everyone who makes the reasonable assumption they can reg day-of gets totally screwed over. You might argue that everyone who is serious will prereg to get a good callup, which means you forgot about people with series points or in the UCI categories.

Personally, I think it's kind of a dick move, but whatever, it's their race and they can do what they want. The important point is, if you aren't registered for Noho by midnight Thursday, you ain't racin'.
Tags:

8 comments