Double PSA

A quick midweek post while I'm attending a conference!

PSA #1: There's a Wednesday night training race at Harvard these days. I don't really get into the whole training race thing, because MORE INTENSITY isn't exactly what I'm after when I'm doubling up every weekend. But a lot of people love that stuff, and someone sent me a cool graphic, so check it out:


PSA #2: Northampton Verge is pre-reg only. This is a calculated move on their part, I guess, because knowing the entire contents of your race fields before the day of the race is a good think. On the other hand, everyone who makes the reasonable assumption they can reg day-of gets totally screwed over. You might argue that everyone who is serious will prereg to get a good callup, which means you forgot about people with series points or in the UCI categories.

Personally, I think it's kind of a dick move, but whatever, it's their race and they can do what they want. The important point is, if you aren't registered for Noho by midnight Thursday, you ain't racin'.

Comments

Unknown said…
you missed the lemanz start and the $75 first lap prime! awesome wednesday night race. i might stop racing weekends and just focus on this event.

and thanks for reminding all those who are too lazy to pre-reg for noho. last thing i need is more of you people with lots of points to register.

oh, and no pressure for you eh? predicted to finish third...
Bad Brad said…
yea i just reg'ed because of you. Thanks. I would not have had time tomorrow and would have been screwed.

rawk on
Big Bikes said…
That's scary, what if my "internet" gets delayed on the way to Bikereg because people are dumping stuff on the internet like it's a big truck and I don't get in? Tubes, it's a series of TUBES! Don't you people get it?

Just in case you don't get my reference and jump to the conclusion that I am huffing tubular cement again...

"I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially...

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material."

-Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska
Colin R said…
Did you really think a guy who programs the intertubes for a living wouldn't know the Ted Stevens quote? I'm hurt.
Anonymous said…
Do you really think that if you showed up race day in NOHO that they would not take your money?
Colin R said…
Yeah, you'd probably be ok. But I'm not gonna test em.
Anonymous said…
haha, scott is still whining about points...

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Anderson Cheats at Mountain Bike Racing

US Cyclocross Nationals Travesty Report: Junior Girls

Do-It-Yourself March Cycling Blog Post